Friday, April 27, 2012

Garlic Lemon Sauce



When my friend Heather moved away, she gave me a fridge full of veggies she wouldn’t be able to finish.  I ended up with an entire crisper drawer full of beets and another full of carrots.  I like beets and carrots just fine … but there were just so many of them.  I probably eat beets once a year.


I roasted them in the oven, the beets and carrots together, as I love to do.  It really is the best most foolproof way to make veggies taste good.  While I was at it, I wrapped a head of garlic in some tin foil and threw it in.


When the veggies were done, I took the garlic and pureed it with the juice of one lemon and a good squirt of olive oil.  The result was even more than I had hoped for.  It’s the kind of sauce you can put on anything and it will make it taste heavenly.

Garlic Lemon Sauce:
Ingredients:
One head garlic
One lemon
¼ to ½ cup olive oil, your call
salt and pepper

Drizzle garlic head with olive oil, wrap in tin foil.  Roast for 60 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Cool garlic in the fridge or freezer until you can handle it.  Puree with the juice of the lemon and stream in the rest of the olive oil.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Pour over veggies or pasta of your choice.  Really divine on root vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment