Sunday, April 22, 2012

Review: Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles



It appears that I entered a contest on Facebook and won a bottle of new Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles. They arrived at my door yesterday.  Now, I'm not one to sneeze at free stuff for my kid, but I did find it hilarious that the box came with a set of instructions AND A LETTER that repeated the instructions, in case you were planning to skip reading one of them.  Just so you know, this product is for outdoor use only!!  It might stain stuff!!

Also, it's supposed to be used by children over 3, so this review will basically be off-label use.  My kid is not even 2.

My child loves bubbles.  Most kids think they are fascinating.  The best bubble purchase I ever made was a bottle of "unspillable" bubbles that I found on clearance at Target for less than fifty cents.  The kiddo can play with it and drop it and whatever, and usually only a tiny dribble gets on his hands.  Of course, once he shakes it up real well, the bubbles don't exactly work, but I don't care.  He's happy just trying to eat the bubble wand, you know? (Unspillable on the left, Crayola Colored Bubbles on the right:)



But with these colored bubbles, I made sure I was the one in control because the stuff is the color of grape juice.  It's the same consistancy, too; it's like playing with a bottle of grape juice.  The minute I opened it, I had a feeling of panic -- I just felt like I needed to do something about the giant, crazy stain risk I was taking as it dripped all over the back patio.  Maybe it won't really stain; per the instructions (both sets), it will wash out of most clothing, but you might have to pre-treat it and you probably don't want it on your light clothes.

I feel like the instructions should say something like "for bathtime only, when everyone in naked."  Because really, you're going to spill this stuff.  It's going to happen.  It's going to get one your shoes.  Here it is dripped all over the floor.



However, after a few minutes, it faded to nothing.

The bubbles, yes, came out purple as intended.  And ... I don't know, I was not that impressed.  They are still see-through bubbles, just with a purple tint to them.  They look like regular bubbles, just a tiny bit more purple and A LOT MORE MESSY.  You know how when you spill regular bubbles you don't care because it's basically soap?  This stuff is not going to make you happy.



My vote is still for the unspillable bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment